Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lab(Hot Potato)


Hot POTATO

It is really a great experience for me at this lab time. I think it is because I was attracted to this teaching material, news broadcasting. And the task combining the news reports with English learning definitely make me active to learn.

First of all, my partner, Vercy and I quickly chose the news article about consumption behavior from CNN. And next we respectively read this article and looked up the words of this report we do not know in the online dictionary. And next we discussed the broadcasting draft and finish other assignments teacher gave us together. We were excited in writing our notes by every means to imitate StudioClassroom. It is a really glad process to be with my partner to together design our assessment.

Finally, we downloaded the program, “Hot Potato” to study how it works for finishing our assessment. The items teacher required us of were divided into two parts for us to collaborate. I followed Chinese version’s instructions to complete my part, “JCross” and “JMix” step by step. But while I had made the setting done, I soon met problems with “JCross” and “JMix” to block up my path in finishing these tasks.

At the “JCross,” I just could not add more grids to fill with vocabulary we chose from this article, and “Hot Potato” merely wanted me to register for making a larger crossword. At the “JMix,” I still could not figure out what is the “Alternate Sentences” Chinese version does not mention, so since I had set up a webpage about “JMix”, I exactly had no way to carry out this program.

Yes, it is an unsuccessful learning experience again. However, I do not give up continually manipulating this program. I think these may be just little problems, not systematic problems, like “Schmooze”, in this way; I am still interested in and confident in this program for designing truly effective and efficient assessments.

No comments: