Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blogging Experience

Generally speaking, this experience in designing my blog is just the second time I use blog to write something. Therefore, firstly all I can do is just post my articles on my blog teacher assigned to on time, classify those articles according to different themes, like lab experience, weblogs and websites. As for organizing my postings, I did not have ideas to manage it at all. I just change my blog’s color and font, something like that. Later, I went about this work designing my own blog, and even tried to figure out how this programming language, HTNL works. Actually, for me, changing blog’s format and design is troublesome and frustrating. Finally I still could not understand it and wonder why this programming language is tough and unfriendly to me, although in my junior high school, our teacher had taught us students how to use HTML to design our webpages and blogs. So, I thought it is ok, I just stood back to study other easier techniques in designing blog that I have learned, like add some webpage elements and edit them.

Except for something about English learning, I put up another I am really interested in, journalism. My aim in designing my blog is to make it renewable and diversifying, and then make more and more people use this blog in various learning field. Therefore, I encourage myself to be able to persevere with the renewal of this blog.

In sum up, in this semester, I really enjoy the time of blogging. I have learned some skills to organize my blog, and have made it more friendly and feasible for users. In blogging, I am gradually accustomed to search for useful information about language learning, like websites, weblogs, and online assays on the Internet. And then I absorb all these knowledge as possible as I can to make it be my self-understanding, and post my evaluation and reflection on those learning materials in English on my blog. It truly trains me to be a better learner for comprehensive and organized ability. In addition, forming a net to let us students freely browse others’ blog in this course and give feedbacks one another is really a good opportunity for me to get used to interactive learning.

7 comments:

Cherrie said...

I can see that you’ve put emphasis on journalism which is really great. I know and I believe you will definitely fulfill your dream to be a journalist in the future. Ha, but if you really intend to male your blog more diversifying, my humble suggestion is that, you may add more content about journalism. I know you’ve wrote some good articles (related to journalism), you could post them on the blog. And also, I think you might try to have interactions with the section “Daily News”. That is, you can try to write something about news that interests you everyday. Using your blog to record what your positive and active attitude about “journalism” can not only enrich your blog, but also sharpen your ability in critical writing! Oh, it sounds terrific! (or you think it’s tiring?) :)

M.Y. said...

Maybe add a link to your journalistic blog. Do you have one? What is the topic of your first blog?

Stacy said...

I would not doubt that you've spent a lot of time on the blog, just look at the words and articles you've dedicated to the blog!

It's good for you to inser journalism to make this blog more content-varied. I would like it, too.

Celia Chueh said...

I like the way you organize the blog page, particularly the colors you use. Great to see your creative blog, full of abundant news and links, so that readers can know the latest news while visiting your blog. You definitely have the potential to become an exceptional journalist! Keep going then.

Julie said...

I got a fever on your color blog, it's so summer and energetic~Yellow makes you pop out and impressive, it is really important for a blog to show the owner's characteristics.
I like your presentation last week, you show unique way in managing blog, but it would be great if you display the CALL websites more! ( ̄▽ ̄@)

Christina said...

Hah I also think that: how can HTML so hard to figure out!! I had done a website in my computer class in junior or high school, too. But now I just forgot all of the technique!! I really wanna see your links about journalism, maybe you could provide some interesting blogs or something. I agree that blog can be a really good way to interact with other, because the blog functions such as RSS, pinback or track back allow us to post comment and let the original author know. Hope you will keep running your blog!!

Abby said...

Thanks for your praise, expectations and suggestions. Since I took my first steps in blogging, I expect myself to keep running it with my “English Learning” part and my favorite “Journalism” part. And I certainly will make a clear parting between these two parts to let my users easier to grasp what they want in my weblog which is full of colorful colors. For “English Learning” part, what I want to keep is adding something interesting to help learning in English anytime, and for “Journalism” part, in addition to links to immediate daily News, I may receive Cherrie’s advice to have a habit of writing my opinions about issues in the society.